Blogs

Published on 15 Mar, 2019

Marcellus: The Courage to be Disliked

Published on: 15 March, 2019 The majority of us spend our lives seeking the approval of others. A few people however have the courage to do things...

Published on 08 Mar, 2019

Marcellus: The Heroes we Forget Hold a Mirror to Our Souls

Published on: 8 March, 2019 Our mind sees & remembers the world in stylised & stereotypical terms. If a story doesn’t fit our stereotype,...

Marcellus: Exit the Kirana Store, Enter the Supermarket

Published on 01 Mar, 2019

Marcellus: Exit the Kirana Store, Enter the Supermarket

Published on: 1 March, 2019 As local kirana stores start winding up in India, the conditions required for organised retail to operate profitably are...

Marcellus: Non-Conformism Underpins Original Thought

Published on 22 Feb, 2019

Marcellus: Non-Conformism Underpins Original Thought

Published on: 22 Feb, 2019 The more we get plugged into social & mass media, the harder it becomes to escape the echo chamber of consensus...

Marcellus: The Nifty is No Longer a Play on the Indian Economy

Published on 15 Feb, 2019

Marcellus: The Nifty is No Longer a Play on the Indian Economy

  Published on: 15 Feb, 2019 Over the past decade, the Nifty’s earnings have not only grown at a much slower pace than the Indian economy,...

Published on 08 Feb, 2019

Marcellus: The Virus Spreads Beyond the Banks

Published on: 8 Feb, 2019 As the same problems which ravaged India’s banking system now spread into its money & bond markets, we highlight the...

Published on 02 Feb, 2019

Marcellus: The Big Shift in Small Town India

Published on: 2 Feb, 2019 With potentially $500 billion per annum of financial savings arising from annual income and with potentially another $100...

Published on 25 Jan, 2019

Marcellus: A Cynic’s Guide to Reading Indian Newspapers

Published on: 25 Jan, 2019 80% of the content in Indian newspapers is irrelevant for investors; the other 20% is very useful. The latter 20% focuses...

Published on 18 Jan, 2019

Marcellus: Reading VS Naipaul Will Make You Richer

Published on: 18 Jan, 2019 Intensely researched, well thought through non-consensus opinions are priceless. VS Naipaul’s final book on India is an...